What to do around
Our favorite places to go, eat, and hang out!
Top 10 places in our area
These are our personal favs, no sponsors or anything, in
Asheville, North Carolina.
We're happy to share a Jumping-off point to some Fun and Beautiful places and experiences.
1.Biltmore - The Biltmore Estate is the largest privately owned home in the United States. We recommend visiting the house and checking out the winery!
2. Flat Rock Bakery + Hubba Hubba + Carl Sandburg’s - Grabbing some grub and taking a walk at Carl Sandburg's is a perfect combination. Flat Rock Bakery has delicious pastries and pizza. Hubba Hubba’s got your NC BBQ favs.
3. Bearwallow Mountain Trail - An easy 1-mile hike (each way) to a grass mountaintop with beautiful views and cows grazing peacefully. A convenient 5-min drive from the Cabin!
4. Old Europe for coffee and dessert - Great desserts, especially the French Creamy!
5. Battery Park Book Exchange - Lacy’s favorite spot. Grab a coffee or glass of wine and hang out with friends or explore the amazing book collection.
6. Salsa’s Mexican - Great fusion of Latin and Caribbean cuisine. You won't leave hungry.
8. Sunny Point Cafe - Awesome breakfast place but busy. Order first and walk around the area. Not sure if they're taking online orders anymore. Shrimp grits are delicious.
9. Blue Ridge Parkway and Mount Pisgah - It’s an amazing drive with incredible views. If you’re ready to do some good hiking, Mount Pisgah is a leg workout and totally worth it to get an insane 360 degree view of the mountains.
10. Boon Choo Thai - Authentic, delicious and great value Thai food.
11. Appalachian Coffee Company - Great coffee in a cool atmosphere.
12. Papa’s and Beer - The best Mexican food. Fast service, great chips and bean dip while you wait, Zan’s favorite is Shrimp al Mojo de ajo. Lacy's favorite is Fajita Tacos. Comes with chicken and steak!
13. Chocolate Fetish - the best chocolate truffles!
14. Grove Park Inn - lunch/brunch on the porch or go grab a drink in the evening. It’s a historic hotel where Fitzgerald spent 2 summers starting in 1936. It’s majestic and really worth a visit!
15. Honey and Salt - great Southern breakfast. Make a reservation!
16. Highland Brewing Company - Cool brewery with volleyball courts and a great outdoor meadow
17. Wicked Weed - Nice brewery right in downtown Asheville with great flights of beer.
18. French Broad Chocolate - The best hot chocolate. They also have everything chocolate.
19. The Admiral (reservations needed) - Iconic Asheville restaurant. Great vibe and outdoor seating.
20. Strada - The best Italian food in the Asheville area. We highly recommend the bacon wrapped figs.
21. Curate - Chic design and fabulous food from Spain.